Vacancies for Indian Navy SSR, AA & MR are released twice in a year (probably in June & December)
SSR(Senior Secondary Recruit) Entry
Educational Qualifications:- Qualified 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
Age:- should be between 16½ to 20½
Selection of recruits is based on state wise merit of their performance in Computer based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examination.
Computer based Examination:-
- The question paper will be computer based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (MCQ).
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus & sample paper for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in .
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
- Penalty for wrong answer will be 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Qualifying in the physical fitness test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes. 20 ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups.
- Minimum Height – 157cms.
- Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Visual Standard
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)